1. These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between You and Luxury Myanmar River Cruises. It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions. Your Contract may also include additional terms and conditions applicable to a special offer or promotion.
2. We may amend these Conditions from time to time. If we amend the Conditions, we will publish the amended version on our website. We will also provide the current version of the Conditions to you upon request. You will be bound by the current version of the Conditions at the time you make your booking.
• You are aware that cancellations or amended bookings may be subject to additional charges.
• You check all booking details and any paperwork (email or hard copy) carefully to ensure that all details are correct.
• You have the necessary entry visas for all the countries you are visiting.
• You are recommended to have adequate travel insurance to cover for loss of luggage, medical expenses, costs and expenses incurred due to cancellations, delays or other disruptions.
• Your current passport remains at least 6 months validity from the date you end trip and return to your country of residence.
• You have received professional medical advice and any necessary vaccinations.
3. DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT:
To confirm a booking: A 30% deposit of total service cost will be required at the time of booking. The remaining balance should be made at least 60 days prior to your departure date. The deposit or remaining balance should be made by Credit card or Bank transfer with following details:
PAY BY CREDIT CARD:
Kindly make deposit/payment via our secured online payment system which protected by SSL Protocol. Your card information will not be stored at our system. We accept Credit Card, Visa Card, Master Card, American Express and JCB card.
– When you pay by Credit Card, please add 3% of processing fee for Visa, Master, JCB Card and 4% for American Express.
Our travel consultant will advise you at the time of booking.
4. Booking Deposits are not refundable and are not transferable to other Tours or Bookings. If you wish to change any incidental component of your Booking, such as any pre or post-tour accommodation or add-ons, you must contact us in writing by email. You may pay a change fee to us in case the order makes the increase of service cost. You may cancel a Booking by sending us written notice of cancellation via email and your cancellation will be liable to pay a cancellation fee in accordance with cancellation policy of particular cruises.
5. A name change for a guest or a change to the tour departure date is considered a cancellation of the original Booking.
6. All tour prices are quoted in US Dollars. We may vary your tour price at any time before you have paid the tour price in full to the extent necessary to meet any increase in the tour costs for reasons outside our control, including airfares, fuel, government taxes and charges, exchange rate fluctuations or other tour related costs or tariffs. We will not vary the tour price after we have received the total tour price from you, regardless of any increases in the costs incurred by us. We will notify you of any such variation via email.
7. NOTIFICATION OF GENERAL RISKS:
You acknowledge and agree that there are general risks associated with travelling, which are beyond our control and we are not liable to you for any loss, cost or damage you may incur as a result of these general risks. The circumstances in which we may alter your itinerary or the tour include:
(a) high or low water levels in any river or canal;
(b) lock closures, unscheduled vessel maintenance or other operational reasons;
(c) road, river or weather conditions;
(d) national or local holidays affecting the closure of public buildings or attractions;
(e) force majeure events;
(f) emergency events, accidents, injuries or other incidents involving you or other passengers; and
(g) any other event beyond our control.
8. CANCELLATION BY US:
In the event that we are unable to provide cruise services to passengers with confirmed bookings or departures where occupancy is less than 5 cabins, we reserve the rights to cancel the journey giving all passengers with writing notification at least 30 days prior to departure date. An alternative cruise vessel (similar itinerary and ship category) or an alternative departure date will be offered subject to availability. Any surcharges or difference in cruise prices will be born or reimbursed by us. If this alternative date or the alternative vessel is not acceptable to the passenger, any payments (deposit or balance) made to us by you will be refunded in full.
We strongly advise travelers to purchase trip cancellation insurance. In this case, guests will be reimbursed the cost of air tickets and other non-refundable trip payments. We also highly recommend guests to get international medical, baggage loss and delay insurance in the case of bad situations. We will take no responsibility for lost or stolen personal belongings.
10. SPECIAL REQUESTS:
You must let us know at the time of making your booking if you have special requests or needs (such as ground floor accommodation, disability access or specific dietary requirements). We will try to meet any request you have, however, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate every person’s needs and we make no promises and take no responsibility for special requests which we are unable to fulfill.
You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation (e.g. proof of Yellow Fever vaccination) may deny you entry into a country. We recommend that you consult with your local doctor, travel medical service or specialist vaccination clinic before commencing your tour.
12. PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION:
12.1. In order for us to process your Booking and provide the services to you, we will need to provide your personal information to service providers, as well as customs and immigration authorities. We may also provide your personal information to security and credit checking organizations. Some of the persons to whom we provide your personal information are located overseas, including in countries that may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as your country. By making a Booking you give us your consent to use and disclose your personal information in the manner described in this clause.
12.2. We may also use your name and the guest contact details for marketing purposes, unless you tell us that you do not want us to do so. You may do this by contacting your travel consultant.